Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PunchBird
Helper V
Helper V

Azure Log Analytics Workspace not discoverable in Power BI Premium workspace settings

Hi all,

I want to integrate Power BI with Azure Log Analytics to enable administrators and Premium workspace owners to configure a Log Analytics connection to their Power BI subscription. I followed all Microsoft documentation instructions that need to be done as a prerequisite but the Azure Log Analytics workspace and its subscription and resource group are not discoverable (see picture below, all drop-down menus are greyed out). Am I overlooking something here?

PunchBird_0-1663929701113.png

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Okay... thanks for your view on this! Seems like I have to wait then with implementing this....

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PunchBird
Helper V
Helper V

Any Super User who can help with this... @dm-p , @lbendlin , @Greg_Deckler ?

@ChenwuZhu_Gmail @PunchBird Well, it is a preview feature. Are you in a premium workspace? Did you click the Connect to Azure button?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

When I click on the button 'Connect to Azure' I get this message: 

PunchBird_0-1664868305607.png

I do have an Azure subscription which is configured as mentioned in the instructions, but apparently it's not discoverable. The link 'Learn more' doesn't work by the way.

@PunchBird Well, if you are an Owner and Power BI Service is an Owner of microsoft.insights and microsoft.insights is registered as a resource provider in Azure portal and you have the  Power BI tenant setting turned on then all I can say is that it is a "preview" feature, which generally means, "there are likely a lot of bugs".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Okay... thanks for your view on this! Seems like I have to wait then with implementing this....

ChenwuZhu_Gmail
Resolver I
Resolver I

Same question, is there a solution.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.