Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

power2
Frequent Visitor

Auto PowerBi Refresh without clicking on "Refresh" on PowerPoint

I have a Power BI report that pulls data from a DataFlow and is scheduled to update automatically 8 times daily. Now, I want to insert this report into PowerPoint and create a slideshow loop that includes 5-6 different reports, continuously running for the entire day on one of the screens.

I have successfully inserted the Power BI reports into PowerPoint and created the slideshow, but it doesn't automatically update the reports unless I manually click on "Refresh" or "Reload" on the Power BI visual.

Is there a way to automate the refresh process without the need for manual clicks, perhaps by using VBA code or any other suggestions besides PowerPoint for this slideshow?Screenshot 2024-01-14 at 9.36.31 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-01-14 at 9.35.29 AM.png

2 REPLIES 2
power2
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your reply. 
Is there anyway to automate that refresh, lets say that will be clicked every hour automatically in the background while the slideshow is running? Perhaps by utilizing a VBA code?

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @power2 ,

As far as I know, currently Power BI only support you to refresh by Reload or use the Refresh option.

• Reload: The report page reloads every time PowerPoint is opened, so you need to use this option only if the report has changed while you’ve had PowerPoint open.

If all you want to do is refresh the data, use the Refresh option in the Data options menu instead.

And Refreshes the report page or visual with the latest data from the Power BI service. Note: Refresh doesn't trigger getting data from the data sources.

For reference:View and present live Power BI data in PowerPoint - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.