Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Master_T
Helper I
Helper I

Any way to embed a report into another report?

Hello guys and gals

I wanted to embed a PowerBI Report into a page of another PowerBI Report. Is this possible in any way?

I tried to develop a Custom Visual that could simply embed a report by showing an iframe, however it appears that this is not possible because Custom Visuals are contained in sandboxed iframes themselves, which makes embedding another iframe inside not work. 

Is there any way to relax the restrictions on custom visuals? Or any other way to embed another web page inside a report?

5 REPLIES 5
ecalzavara
Helper II
Helper II

still nothing?

I have found this one
https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Embed-Report-Into-Another-Power-BI-Report/td-p/277...

but it still gets stuck prompting to Sign-in, and the sign-in pop up is not allowed apparently... ;(

Medmbchr
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi @Master_T ,

Any luck on this? I have the same issue.

Thx

RIRVINE

Any luck with this? 

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

The visual sandbox is the generic host that Power BI uses for executing any custom visual. It is not a specific type of chart in this context and is named sandbox in the DOM, mostly due to fact that it is a sandboxed iframe that prevents code inside it from accessing the main Power BI window and keeps the visual isolated.

Certified Power BI visuals are visuals in AppSource that meet certain specified code requirements that the Microsoft Power BI team has tested and approved. The tests are designed to check that the visual doesn't access external services or resources.

To view the list of certified Power BI visuals, or to submit your own, see Certified Power BI visuals.

Yeah, I know all that... not what I asked though...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.