Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Rushikesh_2022
Frequent Visitor

Aggregated column values disappear from visual

If I add fields or columns from a different table to the Power BI visual,

few columns that were already added in that visual, that were in summarized (avg, sum, count) format tend to disappear.

Other columns that were not summarized remain unaffected

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Rushikesh_2022,

In fact, I think these aggregate features work as expected. The default aggregated features are used to summarize value based on category(the category fields mean axis, legends, and 'do not summarized' fields that are in the visuals).

If you add more fields to your visuals without aggregate, they obviously will affect the current aggregate, and try to change the new effect to summary value include all existing categories.

In addition, you can refer to the following links if helps:

User-defined aggregations - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Work with aggregates (sum, average, and so on) in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Row Context and Filter Context in DAX - SQLBI

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Rushikesh_2022,

In fact, I think these aggregate features work as expected. The default aggregated features are used to summarize value based on category(the category fields mean axis, legends, and 'do not summarized' fields that are in the visuals).

If you add more fields to your visuals without aggregate, they obviously will affect the current aggregate, and try to change the new effect to summary value include all existing categories.

In addition, you can refer to the following links if helps:

User-defined aggregations - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Work with aggregates (sum, average, and so on) in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Row Context and Filter Context in DAX - SQLBI

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Rushikesh_2022 

Sorry I'm not able to understand your question please provide more information. However I would advise you to use explicit measures which is always the best practice.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.