Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AliSafa
Advocate I
Advocate I

AR Power BI

Hello everyone,

we have implemented the Augmented Reality Feature in power bi and successfully pinned some reports in the space of our location.

I have some concerns and I could not find any info, I appreciate it if anyone has the answer to the 2 questions below:

1- when I scan the location by the AR Power BI feature, the application can recognize the place and will show the pinned reports. how does it work? Does it work with GPS functionality?

2-after pinning 35 reports at our location, it complains that you reached the limit of 35 reports.

so 35 reports are the Max allowed report per location?

if yes, what is the definition of the location? for example, if I get far from location A, to be able to pin my 36th report in Location B, how far should I go until it considers my location(B) as a brand new location? 100 meter? 1km? etc.. or I'm completely wrong?!

hope I could explain clearly enough, sorry if not...

thank you

thank you

5 REPLIES 5
JohnB_MUFC
Frequent Visitor

Hi Ali,

How are you finding the AR solution? We're looking at trialing it with a few locations on site but looking to get some info as there's not a lot posted following the Preview release?

Thanks,

JB

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@AliSafa To clarify, are you talking about the Mobile app's Data in space feature?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi @Greg_Deckler 

yes exact

@AliSafa Unfortunately that is a preview feature so it's not fully baked yet and there just isn't a ton of information about it out there. You might try opening up an Issue or try contacting support. 

https://aka.ms/PBI_Comm_Issues

You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

@Greg_Deckler thank you Greg for your help .

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.