Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

michaelag
Frequent Visitor

working out MTD figures

Hi

I'm very new to Power Bi and I'm having to calculate some MTD figures for forecast...

I've created the Calendar table, I have a range of dates pulling the data but cannot get it to work, I'm after:

Budget MTD to calculate from (BudgetEOM/over working days in the month)*number of days already gone in this month

Any suggestions pls

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

I recommend reading this article, almost everything related to date calculations is covered here: https://www.daxpatterns.com/time-patterns/

If you need more help, please be more specific by providing your data model (a screenshot of your data model). Also consider to create a pbix file with sample data but still able to represent your data model.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

I recommend reading this article, almost everything related to date calculations is covered here: https://www.daxpatterns.com/time-patterns/

If you need more help, please be more specific by providing your data model (a screenshot of your data model). Also consider to create a pbix file with sample data but still able to represent your data model.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.