Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

h_l
Post Patron
Post Patron

weird Ribbon Chart: not displaying full?

Hi there,

Got a question about Ribbon Chart as following shows, seems the display is incomplete (height issue).

As can be seen, a "small multiples" is applied, in the field, only 2 values: yes, no

After applying the small multiples, the Ribbon Chart changed with weird visuals:

as orange arrows point: the 2.5K area in May 2023 is apparently higher than 2.8K in April 2023.

as red box and arrow point: the 2092 in May 2023 is displaying much smaller area compare to 1.9K.

Seeing from the height of the 2 charts (left & right), seems the Y-axis is set to certain value so that the ribbon charts cannot be fully displayed, but I got nowhere to see the setting.

Is there any advice please?

h_l_0-1686558691046.png

Thanks.

H

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @h_l 

Based on my test, I'm not able to reproduce this issue. I'm using Power BI Desktop 2.116.966.0 64-bit (April 2023). Which version of Power BI Desktop are you using? Is it possible to share a sample pbix which can reproduce this issue? How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

vjingzhang_0-1686708511364.png

As the Ribbon Chart does not have a Y-axis formatting option, you can try converting it to a column chart, check whether the Y-axis range is appropriate, then change back to a Ribbon Chart.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @h_l 

Based on my test, I'm not able to reproduce this issue. I'm using Power BI Desktop 2.116.966.0 64-bit (April 2023). Which version of Power BI Desktop are you using? Is it possible to share a sample pbix which can reproduce this issue? How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

vjingzhang_0-1686708511364.png

As the Ribbon Chart does not have a Y-axis formatting option, you can try converting it to a column chart, check whether the Y-axis range is appropriate, then change back to a Ribbon Chart.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

Hi Jing,

The problem fixed after upgrading to June 2023 version.

Thanks.

H

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

February 2024 Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - February 2024

Check out the February 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Fabric Career Hub

Microsoft Fabric Career Hub

Explore career paths and learn resources in Fabric.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors