Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

abhi_7403
Advocate I
Advocate I

we're unable to conect.please delete your credentials and try again later

we're unable to conect.please delete your credentials and try again later.... this error came whenever i try to connect data... i'm using CDS and trying to connect to CDS URL using  organization crriteria... how to resolve this..?

52 REPLIES 52
krshaffer
Frequent Visitor

I just want to add my experience, user was getting this error and had to uninstall 2 versions of Power Bi desktop to get the newest version to work. The error was only effecting SharePoint datasources. 

Starekss

It's not working, any other ideas ? This report was working for me every single day, and suddenly it stopped due to this error.

colbertw
Regular Visitor

Upgrading PowerBI Desktop to the latest version fixed this error for me.

ripal
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue. I use the use default browser box, but I still can't connect. A windows fluck up and disapear.

I was able to download the newest PowerBi Desktop version which was June 2022 and it fixed itself.

Thank You ! let me try new version June 2022. currently I am using Version: 2.98.683.0 64-bit (October 2021) 

LIKUNA199

Hi,  I couldn't post so i'm asking here: i want to have feature for my report users to paste specifict user list (somewhere) in my report on web and get all the reports specifically for these users (which are in  list). Can I somehow do that?

emillanc
Advocate II
Advocate II

A new Power BI option enables the possibility to use your default browser to load the oAuth page.

emillanc_1-1657104561896.png

If the authentication window for Power BI (or data connector) can't open for some reason, this option allows you to use your default web browser to authenticate instead.

File -> Options and settings -> Options -> Global -> Security ->  Authentication Browser -> Use my default web browser (check this box)

Note: Please, update Power BI Desktop to a recent version to get this option.

Fric368829
Advocate II
Advocate II

@Microsoft Support: would you please be so kind to give a status update on the planning for fixing this bug. We really having some serious issues with our reports here. We need to know the timeline which we can expect.

Thank you in advance!

I'm getting this issue too, have checked the use default browser box, but still no joy.  It seems something flicks up and disappears so quickly i can't see what it it is.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

I have the same issue. I use the use default browser box, but I still can't connect. A windows fluck up and disapear.

Check the app version.  I managed to discover mine was outdated (October 21) the latest is June 22 I think.  Updated and it worked first time 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

what is "app" version ? 

Thanks! Your correct, with the latests version, the login window shows up as expected.

Jeanxyz
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

I used odata to connect to office dynamic 365. I started to have credential issue as of July 1st. I tried to tick the deault web browser, but the issue remains

Nipun1995
Regular Visitor

Hi,

A new Power BI option enables the possibility to use your default browser to load the oAuth page. File -> Options and settings -> Options -> Global -> Security -> Authentication Browser -> Use my default web browser (check this box)

8dUCF.png

This helped me logon using authenticator. It would be nice if the default popup would do this.

I've already done this, but it's requiring me to edit my credentials every single day.  My one report is importing from 20 environments in the Dataverse. My credentials seem fine when I got into the data source to refresh, however when I go into the desktop version of the report to make changes, none of my credentials work and it wants me to update all 20 of them.  I've updated them twice already!

vernc
Frequent Visitor

strange i had to use "default browser" and I would like to reiterate that its now June 2022

Neal4815
Frequent Visitor

We opened a support ticket with Microsoft for this topic as we were seing a very large impact.  It was confirmed as a known issue with a resolution expected to arrive next week (week of 27 June).   Until the, the workaround described above works great.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.