Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

neelofarshama
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

unable to view the report

Hi,

I have developed a report in Power BI then published it to web. I want to share this report to other user in the organization.

I clicked on share-->Embed Report-->Publish to web(Public)  option then copied the link and shared to them.

But one my user is unable to view the report, he is geeting below error

neelofarshama_0-1616696836100.png

he has Power BI installed on his computer but still is unable to see the report.

Can someone help me with this problem.

Thanks in Advance,

Neelofar Shama.

7 REPLIES 7
robindlc
Frequent Visitor

Having exactly the same issue... but in my case it worked and anyone with the link could see it.

Not sure if something has changed but know it is not available. In fact I have checked in the admin portal under embed codes it is the report but status is "Disabled". How can I change the status back to enabled?

And I found what the problem is... from tenant settings I had disabled the publish to web option.. which seems that also affects to myself 😉

Y enabled it and worked again

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @neelofarshama 

According to your description and picture, you said that you used “Publish to web” to share this report with others, but the end-user can’t view the report. I think you should make sure he is not available for some visuals in your report or the entire report.

If so, I guess that the problem may be related to the limitation of this “Publish to web” function, does your dataset using RLS? Does your report contain "R" and Python visuals?

Here’s a link that explains the limitation of this “Publish to web” function, you can follow this to check your problem:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-publish-to-web

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the reply @v-robertq-msft , I do not have any restrictions for the users like RLS in the report. The user should be able to view the entire report, but he is running into problem.

Hi, @neelofarshama 

Do you mean that one of your end-users can’t view some of the visuals in the report or just all the end-users can’t view some of the same visuals within your report?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Your users do not need to have Power BI Desktop installed. However depending on how exactly you are sharing (not clear from your description) they may need a Pro license.

Hi  @lbendlin,

The user has Power BI insatlled on his machine but he is not having license. He should be able to view the report which i have published to web, so for sharing i used power bi service to share with below options share-->Embed Report-->Publish to web(Public)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.