Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

fior12
Helper II
Helper II

two pbix file add into one

Hi, are there any methods or PBI has the ability to achieve the request that two pbix file can add into one. For instance, one pbix have two sheets, another also, and after some methods/operation , that the two pbix can add into one , and the one pbix that after combined/added/joint , it turns out with the four sheets. tks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Zoe Zhi, Hi, copy the table from "Edit Queries" .... i think that is my needs and thank you very much! and i clicked the 'accept as sloution ' button but it cannot work since a new webpage occor and tell me 'Authentication Failed' since my computer browser's bad , so if the 'click button' is most necessary pls tell me the URL and I will try... tks! below was the note: Authentication failed for the action you are trying to do. This failure could be due to your browser not supporting JavaScript, JavaScript not being enabled, or trying to use the action URL directly in the browser address bar instead of clicking the link on the page.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

If you still couldn't solve this problem maybe I can help you the way I did.

go to Power Bi desktop, index data and select the following:

Alexgamb20_0-1645208168554.png

You can select your dataset from a PB that you have already made and published, in this way you will obtain within the same PB the queries, measures the only thing you should copy is the visual aspect.

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @fior12 , 

Currently, we couldn't merge two pbix directly. We need to copy the table from "Edit Queries" and copy visuals from design pane , then paste this into pbix file which you want. You could refer to this post   and copyPaste  for details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Zoe Zhi, Hi, copy the table from "Edit Queries" .... i think that is my needs and thank you very much! and i clicked the 'accept as sloution ' button but it cannot work since a new webpage occor and tell me 'Authentication Failed' since my computer browser's bad , so if the 'click button' is most necessary pls tell me the URL and I will try... tks! below was the note: Authentication failed for the action you are trying to do. This failure could be due to your browser not supporting JavaScript, JavaScript not being enabled, or trying to use the action URL directly in the browser address bar instead of clicking the link on the page.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

There are no quick ways to combine PBIX . The update to copy/paste objects between files was released in November 2018: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-november-2018-feature-summary/#copyPaste

OK, See, tks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.