Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Ramakrishna99

this connector requires one or more additional components to be installed before it can be

Hi,

I am getting this error pop-up message in power bi when I am trying to connect with MySQL Database "this connector requires one or more additional components to be installed before it can be used" I am tried different methods to resolve this issue still am getting issue with Connector/NET 8.0.33, I am tried with 64bit connectors but still the same issue, can anyone help me to resolve this issue.

Ramakrishna99_0-1684302955072.png

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ramakrishna99 ,

Please try the solution in this similar thread: 

powerbi - Power BI missing MySQL Connector, even though I installed it - Stack Overflow

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
suresh_live2013

Hi @v-yanjiang-msft , I have downgraded the my connector version for .net 8.0.28 , it worked for me 

Thank you @suresh_live2013  it also worked for me

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ramakrishna99 ,

Please try the solution in this similar thread: 

powerbi - Power BI missing MySQL Connector, even though I installed it - Stack Overflow

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

I had the same problem and I identified a post where some people solved it with old versions of the connector, in my case I had to install the connector version mysql-connector-net-8.0.26.

good luck

This worked for me.

Hi @v-yanjiang-msft 

Thanks for your reply to my question this solution helped me to resolve my issue.

https://downloads.mysql.com/archives/c-net/ 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.