Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RashmitaR
Helper IV
Helper IV

the background color applied for row header in matrix preview visual in desktop changes in services

Hi I had created two charts in Power BI Desktop using Matrix visual and Matrix preview visual and have assigned different background color for values and row headers .When I published my report in my services I could see that the background color applied for my row headers in matrix preview visual got automatically changed to the background color I had allocated to its values, where as this did not happen to the chart made using matrix visual . Could some one please help me understand the reason behind this.
5 REPLIES 5
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@RashmitaR

I’ve got response from the Product Team.

This is by design. We introduced a new behavior that we are experimenting, if the color alternation is turned on on the values, the leave row headers inherit the settings from the values. We will raise your concern and decide whether we should revert it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

It looks like in the latest release, they've changed the desktop behavior to match service. Have they decided for sure that that's what they want to do? It's currently making a lot of my reports look awful and hard to read.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @RashmitaR,

I can reproduce your issue, I will report this issue internally and post back once I get any updates.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you.

Thank you .

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.