Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

table summing overall total

Hi all,

I have a visual table that has 3 columns. columns 1, 2 and 3 are all from the same source table 'Production Stats'. The visusal table retrieves values from the columns but is fitered to show the past 5 days. The date column in the 'Production Stats' table does not include weekends but the main table does. 

I want to add another column that pulls data from another table named 'Factory Flow' for the same dates, however when I drag this column into the table visualisations it is showing me a summed total rather than a daily total. Can someone please tell me where I am going wrong? I'm guessing I need to create a measure to do this? 

dashboard.pngrelationship.pngtable 1.pngtable.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rsbin
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ,

Assume your Date Table is joined to each of your Fact tables on Date.  If this is correct, then use [Date] from your Date Table in your table visual.  At the moment, the table visual is using Date from Production Stats.

This should resolve the issue.

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

annoying when it's that straight forward. Thank you @rsbin 

rsbin
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ,

Assume your Date Table is joined to each of your Fact tables on Date.  If this is correct, then use [Date] from your Date Table in your table visual.  At the moment, the table visual is using Date from Production Stats.

This should resolve the issue.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.