Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jasonyeung87
Helper V
Helper V

switch between summarize and detail rows

Hi,

In Salesforce, we can create a tabular report and add a button which can toggle between showing the details and summary of the data. For example, in the screenshot below, I'm showing the details of my notes for a given project:

details.JPG

It shows the 7 notes I added to this project. (I've masked out the notes, but there are 7 records). At the bottom is a link named "Detail Rows", which when clicked, removes the 6 columns and replaces it with 1 column that shows the record count:

summary.JPG

I can toggle back and forth between the 2. I was wondering if I can do something similar in Power BI? I tried the Matrix visualization and although I can use the drilldown feature, I couldn't get the record count.

Jason

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Add a measure to the matrix visual that counts your rows.

Hi @lbendlin ,

I was able to add a column with a measure that counts the number of rows. I was wondering whether I can add a button in the Power BI report that toggles between displaying the row count and the details of each row?

The "Detail Rows" button in Salesforce does this and I can't find something similar to it. The only thing I found were to create a tooltip that when you hover over the count a tooltop displays the details. But I can't pin the tooltip so that the details display is persistant (e.g. it disappears when I no longer mouse over the count).

Jason

You can do this in Power BI by using the +/- icons for matrix visual rows (or use the hierarchy navigation icons).  You can also use ISINSCOPE to calculate both values from a single measure.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.