Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Anonymous
Not applicable

suitable graph to visualize shift wise ordinal data

Need to plot chart for Shift-wise state change data. I plot the stack bar chart using python Jupyter. 

Sample dataset and output from jupyter is shown below.

chamod69_0-1617009809349.png

Output:

chamod69_1-1617009863817.png

But when I'm going to plot this using powerbi Stack bar chart. It shows aggregates ,instead of real values.

Ex: 03-01 Day First START >STOPPED> RUNNING>STOPPED and goes on...... In powerBi stack bar shows  STOPPED,RUNNING and other states' (aggregate values(summations) instead of real values with order). Is there any way to get the same output as i have got from jupyter notebook.?

1 REPLY 1
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

One question regarding you data does the several States by one days have a limit or can this be a big number of values?

Using the legend by state the chart has you refer groups the information together by the same states so not giving you the expected result.

One option I can see is to have a column that you make unique ID by status and sort number so that you can use in the leggend however with this option you would need to change all the colours of the datapoints by hand and if they are a lot it will hard work.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

February 2024 Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - February 2024

Check out the February 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Fabric Career Hub

Microsoft Fabric Career Hub

Explore career paths and learn resources in Fabric.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.