Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

LUCASM
Helper III
Helper III

standardizing line chart colours

I have a report which is over 8 pages and contains many line charts about countries.
I am currently maunally setting each country to a specific colour on every line chart

Is there a way to do this once and then use some coding to make sure that the the chart lines are the same colour for each series (country)

I have 32 countries in each chart which the user can select and deselect to keep the chart meaningful, and its pretty tedious having to set this many colours each time

I can only use Format painter on the same page, not across different pages - unless I'm missing something!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @LUCASM ,

try the format painter, you click on the formatted chart, then click on the format painter brush and then on the chart you want to format.

Idrissshatila_0-1683793925450.png

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi @Idrissshatila 

I'm pretty sure that the format painter does not work across tabs.
When I have tried to do this on one tab as soon as I click on anothe the format painter function looses its ability to paste.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.