Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

chrismiller
Helper I
Helper I

smart filter not working

Hello,

I am having an issue where smart filter by okviz does not work once my report is published; that is on desktop it works fine, however when I pushlish it the filter is unresponsive. If I switch to a normal powerbi slicer it works.

Has anyone seen this befor?

11 REPLIES 11
cadalano
Frequent Visitor

I am having the exact same issue. Filters work fine on desktop but are sketchy when published

They dont seem to actually filter at all, but when you clear the filter out, then suddenly the filter you previously attempted to apply will take place.

I'm actually seeing this on non-Smart filter visualis also, like chiclet slicers. Maybe it really is a PBI core problem, as they suggested?

Update from OKViz team: Power BI team told them that a fix will be available in production within 2 weeks

Friday, October 27, 2017

What is the status on this? 
According to the OKviz website, last update on SmartFilter was in August...

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@chrismiller,

It works for me. Download and try the latest version 2.48.4792.721.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The developer is looking into it. appearently it is a bug where it doesnt work with internet explorer.

It is behaving wierdly in other browsers too. Sometimes it filters, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it keeps the filter on even when the selection is cleared.

I am unable to understand the issue here.

I tried bringing down my account usage from 9gb to 6gb(10 gb account). It worked fine for some time and then again stared behaving wierdly.

I'm having the same type of issues as others. When I select an option in the Smart Filter, nothing happens, when I deslect the option the data then filters by the option I just deselected. It seems very randowm and I've had to replace the "Smart" Filter with a regular slicer

I reached out to OKViz team and they suggested that the issue is from Power BI core. They said they have raised this issue with Power BI team couple of weeks back. No further updates though.

@chrismiller,

Thanks for sharing the information.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@chrismiller@v-chuncz-msft

Smart Filter (OKViz) is working for me, BUT it doesn't recognize the aportrophe (') anymore. In the Service nor in the Desktop.

Ex.: "Agents d'encadrement" becomes "Agents dencadrement".

No result when selected.

Paul

i have the same issue with the apostrophes, any alternative to this visual?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.