Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

slicing measure problem: Measure is not getting sliced.

Hi there

I thought i used to be awesome with Dax but I couldnt figure out the simplest question!

Basically I got a Time dimension below and the Skype measure which is a measure from a Fact skype table. Its a simple coutrows measure so its Skype Logon Sessions = countrows(skype)

The 2 tables go one-to many relationship Time -> SkypeTime

Its great, the number updates when applying slicers. My next task is to calculate the current row against total. 

For example 00:00:00 I want to dax it so that its 1823/911487. I dont know how to achieve this cos the grand total and row total is derived from a measure.

Please can you help?

powerbi_log.PNG

My second question is, my alternative was I created a calculated Column in the above table, a simple column = [Skype sessions]

The number populate OK but if I apply a slicer that comes from another table which has a direct relationship to Skype table but not to Time table - the column isnt update!

So i amend dax to be = calculate([skype sessions], allexcept(table1, table1[slicer1])) that didnt work either 😞

So 2 questions please can someone help?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

We can change the Decimal Places like below:

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Would adding the [Skype Logon Sessions] a second time and changing the Quick Calc to % of Grand Total do the trick?

For the slicer aspect, you will need to provide more detail about the relationship with the slicer's table and maybe provide some sample data

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good idea about % of grand total - I will give it a go. But are there options alter decimal places?

Hi @Anonymous,

We can change the Decimal Places like below:

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.