Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jcastr02
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

show blank if two values are 0

I have a matrix visual showing # of surveys taken and the NPS Score - both the # of surveys and the NPS Score are Measures I have created in my table.  How can I have the values for the where the NPS AND the # Surveys if they both show 0, then leave those values blank.    

As example for May2021 should show as follows:

Survey Type     NPS    # of Survey

30 Day              17              12

60 Day

90 Day

180 Day

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

returning 0 for both see below.   While 0 could potentially be an NPS Score, so technically if we can just have it show blank for BOTH # of Surveys and NPS when the survey volume is 0.

Screenshot 2021-11-05 144628.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

Assuming your measure name is [NPS] and is some calculation like so.

NPS = SUM ( Table[Column] )

You can trick PowerBI into blanking it out like this.

NPS = 
VAR _Value = SUM ( Table[Column] )
RETURN DIVIDE (_Value,_Value) * _Value

Because the DIVIDE returns a blank if it tries to divide by 0 and BLANK() * 0 = BLANK() it should work.

jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

Is it hiding those rows instead or is your measure returning 0 for both?  What is the result you are getting now?

returning 0 for both see below.   While 0 could potentially be an NPS Score, so technically if we can just have it show blank for BOTH # of Surveys and NPS when the survey volume is 0.

Screenshot 2021-11-05 144628.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.