Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Martin3000
Regular Visitor

shorten publish to web URL

Hi

I am trying to share my BI Reports to our internal company wall screens using the URL Launcher on our Samsung TVs, but having trouble making it work. Firstly, the URL is very long wich makes it close to impossible to get it right. I managede to connect an external keyboard to the TVs, which made it easier, but still it would be a big help if it was possible to shorten the URL. Does anyone know of a way to do this. I tried doing it using Googles shorten URL tool, but didnt seem to work.

Secondly even after succesfully typing the URL i can't seem to display the data on the screen. Does anyone else have expeerience with this.

Thanks a lot

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Martin3000,

We are not able to shorten URL generated from publish to web feature. This URL can be typed into browsers directly. In your scenario, as you mentioned the URL doesn't display data on the screen, you can firstly paste the URL in browsers to check whether the issue is related to URL or URL Launcher itself.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Martin3000,

We are not able to shorten URL generated from publish to web feature. This URL can be typed into browsers directly. In your scenario, as you mentioned the URL doesn't display data on the screen, you can firstly paste the URL in browsers to check whether the issue is related to URL or URL Launcher itself.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.