Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

eddydm
Advocate II
Advocate II

sharepoint list & multivalue field

Hey,

I'm using a sharepoint list for my input. One of the fields is a multivalue field.

When I get this list into a powerbi-file, I can see all the single-value-fields, but for the multivaluefield i don't see the values, only the link list. If i click on this link i get an other display with all the values for this record. I can't split this field, I can't pivot/unpivot it.

How can I get all the individual values in this multivalue field?

The next step would be to change the structure so that this different values are translated to different rows. I think that pivot/unpivot is the solution. I can't try it because i don't see the different values.

Or is there a way to combine this two steps?

In my input, there are different multivalue fields, where i'v the same problemen. If you give me a solution for one multivalue field, can i use this for all the different fields or should this cause a problem.

PS If I export the sharepoint list to excel, I can get the different values. As the sharepoint list is a very dynamic list, i don't like to have the task to export the list every 5 minutes..

Thanks in advance

Eddy

1 REPLY 1
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@eddydm,

I have tested it on my local environment, I get the sam result as yours. There are two solution to this issue.

• Switch the source field in SharePoint to plain text, and in doing so, stopped the additional text from rendering in PowerBI.  This is a quick fix solution that solved my immediate need.
  • Tranfer this column into Power BI by using Power Query, please refer to the link below to see sdjensen's reply

Reference
http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/Importing-Multiple-Lines-of-Text-field-f...

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.