Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

HigorNeres12

reporting server issue

Hi guys, my name is higor.

I'm having a hard time trying to post a power bi project into a reporting server.

The project was developed using a current version of power bi desktop and the reporting server use a previous version.

Every time that i try to open it, i get the "It was not possible to open a file, the queries were created with a new version of power bi "... and so on...

I can not upgrade the reporting server of my company i have not this permission.

How can i solve this ? 

2 REPLIES 2
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HigorNeres12 ,

The Power BI Report Server has corresponding Power BI Desktop version. You will need to contact IT to update the corresponding version of the report server.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@HigorNeres12 , Please remember power bi reporting server has a different version of power bi( power bi desktop optimized for report server), which might be 3 months behind. So if developed in the new version, might not open.

Download older version of power bi.  save the file there and these try to open Power bi for the report server

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-latest-update-archive

Also check tools like ALM tool kit can help you

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.