Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ofcourse
Frequent Visitor

relationships semantic model error

Hi
I'm trying to figure out why my model isn't giving me the information I need.
I have several tables for students, registered students and graduates.
I put the relations between students and graduation at (1-*) and between students, student-enrolled (1-*).
All three tables contain a single table called Number, which is the key and makes the connection.
When I try to display a the number that is in the graduation table and the name of the program, for example, Which student is enrolled, I get an error "Unable to complete relationships between fields." I don't know if I misdefined the relationships or well. However, when I put the cardinalities (several to many) between students, students-enrolled, it shows serious duplicates.
With you an idea of the problem please

ofcourse_1-1715120882610.png

ofcourse_0-1715119841615.png

1 REPLY 1
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@ofcourse sorry can you clarify from the table you want to pull what columns, in the image you have names in different languages and hard to correlate what is in the post.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.