Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

sy898661
Helper V
Helper V

relatedtable and bringing in info

Hi!

I have 2 queries in my report, and they are connected via Lot Number. I am using the on-hand quantity data from one query and the ship date data from the other to create my visuals. But, some things arent working properly, So I was wondering if it would be possible to bring in the ship date from the second table into the first table? 

The issue I am having is the way the first table is set up, there are a lot of "duplicate" values, so when I tried to add a column into the first table as: RELATEDTABLE(Table 2), it gave me an error.

Like this: (The connection is a many to many Table 1: Lot Number without Bag > Table 2: Lot Number)

Capture2.PNG

If this is possible or if anyone has any other ideas, please let me know! 🙂 ❤️

Thank you!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Create as a new column

Ship date in table 1 =maxx(filter(table2,table2[LotNumber]=table1[LotNumber]),Table2[Ship Date])

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution.
In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @

Thanks. My Recent Blogs -Decoding Direct Query - Time Intelligence, Winner Coloring on MAP, HR Analytics, Power BI Working with Non-Standard TimeAnd Comparing Data Across Date Ranges
Connect on Linkedin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sy898661
Helper V
Helper V

@amitchandak @v-shex-msft thank you both so much I really appreciate it!!! 🙂

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @sy898661,

I'd like to suggest you add a calculated column to table1 with lookupvalue function to search values based on current Lot Number:

Ship =
LOOKUPVALUE (
    'Table 2'[Ship Date],
    'Table 2'[Lot Number], 'Table'[Lot Number],
    MAX ( 'Table 2'[Ship Date] )
)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Create as a new column

Ship date in table 1 =maxx(filter(table2,table2[LotNumber]=table1[LotNumber]),Table2[Ship Date])

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution.
In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @

Thanks. My Recent Blogs -Decoding Direct Query - Time Intelligence, Winner Coloring on MAP, HR Analytics, Power BI Working with Non-Standard TimeAnd Comparing Data Across Date Ranges
Connect on Linkedin

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.