Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rnoone
Helper I
Helper I

ratio line in scatter chart

I am looking for (but cannot find) a clear explanation of what the ratio line means in the standard Power BI scatter plot. The ratio line and the symmetry line were both introduced in August 2017. The notes say  that the "ratio line feature plots the ratio of the subtotals of x-axis and y-axis measures to let you see overall which measure has a higher value". I don't understand this.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @rnoone,

I give two example to discribe the ratio line.

Example1, I have the following sample table. Create a scatter chart and add a ratio line as picture2 shown.

picture1 sample tablepicture1 sample tablepicture2 scatter chartpicture2 scatter chart
There are three points (0.5, 1, red), (1, 2, blue), and (1.5, 3, green), the ratio of the line is k=(1+2+3)/(0.5+1+1.5)=2.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @rnoone,

I give two example to discribe the ratio line.

Example1, I have the following sample table. Create a scatter chart and add a ratio line as picture2 shown.

picture1 sample tablepicture1 sample tablepicture2 scatter chartpicture2 scatter chart
There are three points (0.5, 1, red), (1, 2, blue), and (1.5, 3, green), the ratio of the line is k=(1+2+3)/(0.5+1+1.5)=2.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.