Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

toms59
Frequent Visitor

"Table Report" row total

Here is one I can't figure out.  I have a "Table" report that has multiple sales columns from multiple datasets.  Column 1 has the product description from the master product file dataset; column 2 shows the sales total for each product from dataset A; column 3 shows the sales total for each product from dataset B, etc.  My question is, how can I get a column on the far right of the report that has the total for each row (total each product from all sales datasets)?  This report is filtering transactions based on date which is set up as a separate dataset.  Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I got it to work using a measure but this is how came out:  Row Total = (sum('Dataset A'[sales 1])+sum('Dataset B'[sales 2])+sum('Dataset C'[sales3]))   Thank you for your help everyone.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
CahabaData
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

I misinterpreted your original report - if all this data is in a single table/report then you rely on the simpler math

I don't think in this case since it is all within the same table/report you even need to specify the table

RowTotal = [ValueField1] + [ValueField2] + etc

www.CahabaData.com

I got it to work using a measure but this is how came out:  Row Total = (sum('Dataset A'[sales 1])+sum('Dataset B'[sales 2])+sum('Dataset C'[sales3]))   Thank you for your help everyone.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @toms59,

Right click your table, then create a new column by selecting “New column”  and using the formula as CahabaData’s post. There is an example for your reference as shown in the following screenshot. If you don’t get desired result using this method, please help to post sample data of your scenario and describe the detailed relationships between these datasets.

1.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I tried this but I still couldn't get it to work properly.  Here is a shot of the report I am trying to add the total row to.  Also, I have a shot of the links that I have between the various data sets.  Perhaps I need to join these datasets in some different way.  Any help is appreciated.

Power BI 1.pngPower BI 2.pngPower BI 3.png

CahabaData
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

assuming a related join line between these separate data sets

create a Measure 

RowTotal = TableA[ValueField] + Related(TableB[ValueField])

www.CahabaData.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors