Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

acosantos
Advocate I
Advocate I

"Sort by Column" is not working properly

Hello,

We are having a problem with the "Sort by Column" feature.
We have columns ordered based on others, for example dates.
Currently, when we update the report on PWBI Desktop, the columns that are ordered by others, lose this configuration.
We do not make any changes to the structure, just refresh the report.

The version of PWBI Desktop that we are using is: Version: 2.90.782.0 64-bit (fevereiro de 2021)

Can you help please?

Thanks in advance,

AS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
acosantos
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hello,

We installed the new version of PWBI Desktop March 2021 and the problem remains.

However, we realized that the activation of the preview feature "DirectQuery for Power BI datasets and Azure Analysis Services" is causing this problem in the "Sort by column".

When disabling the option "DirectQuery for Power BI datasets and Azure Analysis Services", the report updated correctly with the "Sort by column" provided.

It is a correction that you must implement.

Thanks,
AS

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
acosantos
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hello,

We installed the new version of PWBI Desktop March 2021 and the problem remains.

However, we realized that the activation of the preview feature "DirectQuery for Power BI datasets and Azure Analysis Services" is causing this problem in the "Sort by column".

When disabling the option "DirectQuery for Power BI datasets and Azure Analysis Services", the report updated correctly with the "Sort by column" provided.

It is a correction that you must implement.

Thanks,
AS

Hi @acosantos ,

Thanks for your solution. It will help the others in the community find the solution fast if they face the same problem with you. Much appreciated!

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.