Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

RayDK
Frequent Visitor

"Showing All Tables May Cause Slowdowns"

Hello PBI experts! Have any of you seen a warning like this? I'm being asked to create a data model with a large number of tables, and seeing a warning about slowdowns.

If anyone has links to official documentation on what triggers this warning, limits on number of tables, or anything else related, that would be extremely helpful. I need to either demonstrate to my team lead that this warning isn't a result of user error on my part--or fix the error if I'm making one! (Just to be clear, the number of tables is specified in the project requirements--the concern is that I'm doing something wrong other than bringing in a lot of tables.)

RayDK_0-1719255124604.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

The warning points out that the rendering of the tables and their relationships in the model view may be delayed/slowed/jerky.

Without seeing your actual data model it is also worth pointing out that the more tables you have the higher the chances of the expanded tables growing out of control.  Again - this is not a given, but certainly an (increased) possibility. Keep in mind that under the hood you are still dealing with cartesian products.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

The warning points out that the rendering of the tables and their relationships in the model view may be delayed/slowed/jerky.

Without seeing your actual data model it is also worth pointing out that the more tables you have the higher the chances of the expanded tables growing out of control.  Again - this is not a given, but certainly an (increased) possibility. Keep in mind that under the hood you are still dealing with cartesian products.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.