Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rblackford
Advocate II
Advocate II

"Fields" Pane is blank, even though data appears to have loaded according to the Query Editor

Hello

I've been using Power BI to create tabular reports connecting to a Redshift data source for the last 2 - 3 weeks, without issue. Up until today, I was using the Amazon Redshift (Beta) connection, until it was announced this week that this connecter has become generally available (no longer in beta). I updated Power BI desktop to the latest June 2017 release.

I am now getting an issue where the "Fields" pane is blank when I connect to my view in Redshift (same database/view as before).

I have tried:
1. Restarting my computer. 
2. Connecting to an excel data source (this worked fine).
3. Connecting to a different view in the same Redshift database (this actually resulted in an error telling me I was out of memory), which previously didn't happen either.
4. Trying to reproduce this issue on a colleague's computer (my colleague did not experience this issue).

blankfieldscreenshot.png

Has anyone else experienced issues with the Amazon Redshift data source connection since it became generally available?

Any feedback/experiences really appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rblackford
Advocate II
Advocate II

Discovered the issue... for anyone else who comes across this, it was a permissions issue. Run grant select on all tables in schema <schema name> to <username> to get the "Fields" pane to populate.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
rblackford
Advocate II
Advocate II

Discovered the issue... for anyone else who comes across this, it was a permissions issue. Run grant select on all tables in schema <schema name> to <username> to get the "Fields" pane to populate.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.