Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Trotter
Frequent Visitor

"DirectQuery for PBI datasets and AS" preview, where has it gone?

Hi All

In power BI desktop I have been using the preview feature "DirectQuery for PBI datasets and AS" which has proved invaluable, given in allowing me to add my own data sources to a data model provided by a third party.

However I can no longer see the "DirectQuery for PBI datasets and AS" option in preview.

Does anyone know if this feature has been discontinued?

Or will it be available somewhere other than the preview section?

I am concerned as I don't want reports I have created with this feature to stop working and I really needed to be able to use if for new reporting.

Thanks

Regards

Matthew 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Trotter , I think it is GA now, You should able to see an option in modelling view to change data source type

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
tysong

Facing the same issue, have you found the solution for this?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Trotter , I think it is GA now, You should able to see an option in modelling view to change data source type

Hello @amitchandak ,

I am experiencing the same problem 😞

Can you show us please with screenshot how to do that? 

Many thanks!!!

Hi @amitchandak 

Would you mind showing with a screenshot when you can find this now? I have been battleling to be able to use this feature and was so happy to find it (I am still on the previous version), but the problem is that some of my collagues who are already in the June version cannot find the setting and I cant properly follow your reply without pics, sorry my inexperience. Thanks you so much!

Thanks very much @amitchandak 

I have tried selecting "make changes" on the Modelling tab, followed by "add local model" and this seems to have worked as I can now add data from excel and add my own measures..etc.

However I am not sure if this is the same as 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.