Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Espen1515
Advocate I
Advocate I

"Analyze" button missing on graphic

Hi,

I have a dashboard that I am working with, and would like to use the Analyze button that I saw in a youtube clip can be used to get Quick Insights into a specific query. So basically in the video it showed a graphic like this, where when you hover your mouse on a specific point, and right click, you can Analyze the point to see why the field increased so much:

Analyze button.png

However, when I am in my own Power BI report, I cannot do this. I have tried both on my Desktop version and on the online report. This is what happens to me:

My trend.png

So the Analyze button is missing. What is it I need to do to enable this? I just downloaded Desktop anew, so I should have the most up-to-date version.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Espen1515,

There are some limitations regarding using the Analyze functionlity. You can view this link https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-insights to see if one of the conditions are not met. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

There are certain conditions and limitations to apply Increase or decrease:

The following list is the collection of currently unsupported scenarios are:

• TopN filters
  • Include/exclude filters
  • Measure filters
  • Non-numeric measures
  • Use of "Show value as"
  • Filtered measures - filtered measures are visual level calculations with a specific filter applied (for example, Total Sales for France), and are used on some of the visuals created by the insights feature
  • Categorical columns on X-axis unless it defines a sort by column that is scalar. If using a hierarchy, then every column in the active hierarchy has to match this condition
  • RLS or OLS enabled data models

In addition, the following model types and data sources are currently not supported for insights:

• DirectQuery
  • Live connect
  • On-premises Reporting Services
  • Embedding
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Espen1515,

There are some limitations regarding using the Analyze functionlity. You can view this link https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-insights to see if one of the conditions are not met. 

Hi,

Thanks! I'm not quite sure what condition I am not meeting, but I am guessing that this answer is correct anyhows. I will look further into it, but mark this as complete. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.