Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ellevy
Helper I
Helper I

power bi drill down button

Hi

i noticed that in order that users could use the "drill down" feature they have to click on the drill down button .

is there any way visuals can automaticly be set to drill down mode without need for the user to click on that button prior to drill down?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @ellevy 

Because not everyone needs to drill down the data, there is an option for those who need it.Thanks.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @ellevy 

This 'drill down' feature is to see if you need to click on a data point in the table to drill down. If it is enabled, clicking the row and column will automatically drill down. If not, clicking the row and column will just highlight the selected data. According to different needs, determine whether to enable this function.

Like this:

2.png3.png

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I know

i wonder why user have to click on this button everytime if i want the visual to "always" drill down

Hi, @ellevy 

Because not everyone needs to drill down the data, there is an option for those who need it.Thanks.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are just concerned about the report users, in your desktop version, drill down to the level you want the visual to appear for the user, and then publish it.

This way user would see drilled down visual without his intervention.

users would want to drill down by themselfs .. i just don't get why the user has to click on a button in order to do the drill down if i already set it on the visual ...

ellevy
Helper I
Helper I

I am referring to the drill down button that give the user/ me the option to drill down. However even that I click on it (fill it black) the user don’t see this and has to click on it again for doing drill downs

StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

hey, 

as far Im aware no the other options its hover over the visula information you want to drill throuth and right click and select drill option on that data point. and thats it so far. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.