Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

LiranRom
Helper I
Helper I

power bi Web custom connector and incremented refresh

Hi,

I have a power bi desktop custom connector, that use Web.content(url) call to get data from a server

the data is huge, and one of the column is datetime filed (updated_at).

the url can contains Filter option, and I can ask the server to "get only data with updated_at after X and before Y"

I'v created a query with this connector (Get Data -> Connector -> Load)

I wish to use incremented refresh mechanism to get only recent updated_at data on each day

I read about incremented refresh and didn't understand (how to / if I can) use RangeStart and RangeEnd parameters in my connector - so it can sent to the server only this time range

and by using this mechanism (how / if) it collect the data in power bi, and not overwrite the same query over and over again

please help

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
LiranRom
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks for the relpy, but this not answering on how am I using those parameters in the connector code

how a parameter "RangeStart" in the connector relate to the parameter "RangeStart" in the Parameter Manement in power bi?

v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LiranRom ,

If you want to configure incremental refresh, there are two requirements:

1. the datasource has datetime type field

2. the datasource support query folding

For how to create RangeStart and RangeEnd parameters, please refer: Configure incremental refresh and real-time data for Power BI datasets - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

For more details, you can read related document: Incremental refresh for datasets and real-time data in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn , Query folding guidance in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn , Query folding - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.