Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

pey
Frequent Visitor

plotting data on secondary axis using single set of data

Hi,

I have a set of data with 5 variables and each differ in terms of order of magnitude. For instance, variable A is in the range of 100 while variable B is the range of 10,000 etc. All data are categorized into 3 columns ( Column 1= date, Column 2 = variable name, Column 3= value). I reazlied that I am not able to plot variable A in main Y-axis and B in secondary axis... as the filtering function will work on the whole dataset. Is there anyway around this? 

Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3
radhey_rec
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @pey 

Can you please give a screenshot of the chart (pen and paper chart will do) along with the data that is necessary to create it?

May be, I can help you out to create the visual you want using https://pbivizedit.com service?

Thanks,

Radhey

v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @pey 

Can you provide a simple PBIX file for testing? Sensitive information can be removed in advance. What kind of expected results do you expect? You can also show it with pictures. I look forward to your response.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@pey , You can not use the legend on the secondary axis as of now, if that is the need.

You can check for custom visual

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.