Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

parameterize column based on customer request

Hi

im new in powerbi , i use to make report in tableau, in tabluea its possible to create parameters and use it in formula, how can i implement it in powerbi, for more clearfition look at below desc:

there is report to show report based on OperatorName - operatorgroup

so i have paramterte that user can choice from drop down (if user select Operator name so i need to group by data on customer name otherwise operatore Group)

in tableau its easu just add one line 

Operator = 

iif([Anonymize?]=False,[Loading Operator Name],Str([Loading Operator GroupName]))

to implement it , i use to add new table into powerbi (OperatorName ,) operatorgroup, when user select one of option ,

it seesm it impossible to pass selected value into DAX to calculated column ( non measure object)

ERROR:

Column = if( Anonymize[anonymize] = "False" , "1" , "2")

image.png

6 REPLIES 6
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'm not clear about the error message. Maybe you could have a try like below.

Column = IF('An'[Measure] = True,1,2)

If it can't work, please share a dummy pbix file or some sample data. Then we will understand clearly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

problem is when i change the filter in data slice. result is same(there is no diffrenece between true and false)

result is same , it seems powebil couldnt identify result of 

if( 'Anonymize'[Measure]= "True" , ...)

image.png

image.png

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly mark the helpful answer as a solution if you feel that makes sense. Welcome to share your own solution. More people will benefit from the thread.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please try to create a measure using the formula rather than a calculated column.

7.PNG

And you could reference the blog to learn more about the difference between them.

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/calculated-columns-and-measures-in-dax/

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
Anonymous
Not applicable

as i explained, i need to group by report into different fields ( operatore name and group name)

i need to show operator name or group name in report, in measure i just have total amount!

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Tough to tell exacty, Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.