Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

schneidermx
Frequent Visitor

no data after get data from powerbi service

Hi there, 

i'm trying to get my data from powerbi service into my powerbi desktop. I can select my workspace and dataset and then it shows me the message"Connected live to the POWER BI dataset: ....." but i don't see my data in the fields space. 

Does anyone have the same issue or can fix this problem? 

Thanks in Advance 

8 REPLIES 8
v-yulgu-msft
Microsoft Employee
Microsoft Employee

Hi @schneidermx,

I could get data from Power BI service successfully.

In your scenario, did you see any error message when connecting to Power BI service? Could you make sure the dataset you connected to had values? After loading dataset to desktop, please click to refresh to see whether data appears. Please try to connect to an other dataset to see whether issue persists. Or if possible, republish the dataset to service and have a try. 

Besides, please update your desktop to the latest version for a test.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Yuliana Gu 

thanks for your answer. When I connecting to PowerBI Service there aren't any error messages. There is only the message "connected live to the PowerBI dataset: DATASET in My Workspace". Yes there are values, in the browser version i can see and visualize the datas.

I can't click the Refresh Button because it's shielded out. With another dataset is the same issue.

I have installed/updatet to the newest version of PowerBi desktop. 

Have you some other advice? 

Thanks 

Regards 

Michael

Hi @schneidermx,

Could you show me the screenshot?

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

PowerBiDesktop.png

So i cant see any data like in the web version 

Hi @schneidermx,

It's very odd. I have never faced this problem when live connecting to service dataset. Could you try:

• Re-publish the dataset to service.
  • Clear the cache (File->Options and settings->Options->Data Loa: Clear cache)

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Hi @v-yulgu-msft 

thanks for your answer. I've done this but don't fix the problem. Same as before. We tried it with another account and pc in our team. But there is still the same failure. 

Regards 

Michael 

Hi @schneidermx,

Personally, I suggest you create a support ticket for further analysis at the bottom on this page.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

schneidermx
Frequent Visitor

Hi there, 

i'm trying to get my data from powerbi service into my powerbi desktop. I can select my workspace and dataset and then it shows me the message"Connected live to the POWER BI dataset: ....." but i don't see my data in the fields space. 

Does anyone have the same issue or can fix this problem? 

Thanks in Advance 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors