Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

jwi1
Post Patron
Post Patron

multiple average lines in a line chart

Hi all,

I try to add two aberage lines in below line chart.

One for 2021, the other for 2022

Any tips how I can do that?

Thanks!

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
goncalogeraldes
Super User
Super User

Hello there @jwi1 ! You can add multiple average lines in the "Analytics" Pane of a visual. Nevertheless, in your case you would need to create two separate measures (one with a filter for 2021 and another for 2022) and use them as a reference for your average lines. Alternatively, you can just add two card visuals with a measure for your average and filter each one for each year.

goncalogeraldes_0-1648208476372.png

Hope this answer solves your problem!
If you need any additional help please @ me in your reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, please consider marking it as a solution ✔️ or giving it a kudoe 👍
Thanks!

You can also check out my LinkedIn!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Geraldes

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jwi1
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hi @goncalogeraldes 

thanks for advise, was able to fix it

Have a good weekend.

John

@jwi1 Can you let me know how you fixed this as I want to do something similar? Thanks.

goncalogeraldes
Super User
Super User

Hello there @jwi1 ! You can add multiple average lines in the "Analytics" Pane of a visual. Nevertheless, in your case you would need to create two separate measures (one with a filter for 2021 and another for 2022) and use them as a reference for your average lines. Alternatively, you can just add two card visuals with a measure for your average and filter each one for each year.

goncalogeraldes_0-1648208476372.png

Hope this answer solves your problem!
If you need any additional help please @ me in your reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, please consider marking it as a solution ✔️ or giving it a kudoe 👍
Thanks!

You can also check out my LinkedIn!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Geraldes

@goncalogeraldes Can you advise how to create measures with the years as filters? Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors