Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ovetteabejuela
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

msmdsrv.exe bloated to 4.7 G memory usage - what's wrong?

Hi Community,

What's wrong with this?

memorycpuhog.PNG

It just started while I was adding slicers, changing colors actually when the PC was put on a halt... 30 minute-worth of work is now hard to recover. Everytime I open the latest file or the recovered file I am getting that(screenshot).

What could have been wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@v-ljerr-msft hi.

I actually did some research before I posted - so I already did that but it has no effect.

The PBIX file is indeed corrupted - I did everything I could to revive it but I always end up with that surge in memory consumption. So I did what is necessary - start with the latest version that I have(lost hours) it was just funny how it started as I can vividly remember that I was just trying to customize some visuals (changing colors) and boom.

I'm fine now I just have to always remember to always save versions of my work as often as possible.

I will mark this as solved by just redoing the work but not by reviving a recent work.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ovetteabejuela,

Could you try disabling the following options under File > Options and Settings > Options > CURRENT FILE > Data Load to see if it helps in your scenario? Smiley Happy

• Allow data preview to download in the background
  • Enable parallel loading of tables

Captura3.JPG

Regards

@v-ljerr-msft hi.

I actually did some research before I posted - so I already did that but it has no effect.

The PBIX file is indeed corrupted - I did everything I could to revive it but I always end up with that surge in memory consumption. So I did what is necessary - start with the latest version that I have(lost hours) it was just funny how it started as I can vividly remember that I was just trying to customize some visuals (changing colors) and boom.

I'm fine now I just have to always remember to always save versions of my work as often as possible.

I will mark this as solved by just redoing the work but not by reviving a recent work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.