Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

paquettb

missing data point on ArcGIS map

Hello, 

I am still new to PowerBi. I am working on a location map of competition in the area. I wanted to make my location stand out so I pinned the ArcGIS Map. However, I could not click on the data point behind the pin to show population in a 40 mile radius. When I delted the pin the data point also disappeared. 

It's the only data point that I have that is not showing up. I tried using a slicer to turn on all and even just that data point. However, the data point still does not show up. Anyone have ideas on why I lost a data point and how to restore it?

Thanks,

Brant Paquette

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@paquettb,

Do you use "Pins" in ArcGIS map? Could you please share sample data of your table which I can test?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sorry for the late reply. I got side tracked with other projects going on.  Yes, I did use a pin in the same area to mark the city. It covered the data point so I removed it but when it was removed, the data point for the business locaiton was removed as well.

I tried reloading the data and then removed the GPS data from the map setup. However when I placed the GPS data back in all points did reload.  Including the missing location. However, sortly after it also disapperared.  Now, I did have a computer issue with a windows update that required me to reload my OS. ArcGis is complaining about another error now. I am going to try and recreate the map from scratch and see if I can get it to work.

Since, I am at the point of rebuilding my data. I will see if the problem comes back. If it does then see if I can extract the sample data to share.

Thanks for your help. I will post back so you know the status

Brant

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have also had trouble getting all my data to display on maps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.