Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Anonymous
Not applicable

matrix visual - need to add and subtract between the matrix visual columns

I am trying to add 2 new columns in the matrix visual: to add 2 columns and subtract one column within the visual. 

I do not want to create a column in the query editor as the dataset is huge and I did a direct query to fetch data. Please explain if anyone knows. Thank you. 🙂 

I am trying to add Entry, Tag-on and subtract Undo for one column and similarly add exit and tag-off for the other new column.  @needhelp 

FacilityEntryExitUndoTag-onTag-off
chennai12323412222334
mumbai12323412345432
delhi13423412212122
kolkata56423411122111

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not entirely sure what you're looking for, a little clearer explanation would help. 

Column 1 = 
SUMX(Table, Table[Tag-on] + Table[Entry] - Table[Undo])

Column 2 = 
SUMX(Table, Table[Exit] + Table[Tag-off])

Anonymous
Not applicable

The columns in this matrix visual table are not actual columns in the datasets. So, I get the error: Cannot find table, cannot find name.

I'm unable to create measures as well with the matrix visual column headers (Entry,exit,undo)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Can you show what the data looks like? You could reference the Measures instead of tables to get the effect you're looking for.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Thanks for the reply. The data looks like this:

pbi_doubt.png

In the matrix visual the ride_type is used as the column header and rows are taken from the facility. The values that needed to be added and subtracted are the count of txn_id. 

Hope this makes sense. Thanks for your time 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabcon_Europe_Social_Bogo

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.