Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AlessandroBet
Resolver I
Resolver I

make new group with existing dataset

Hi,

do you have any hints how i can make a gropping with existing datatset?

if i make a new PBI file starting from existing dataset (see the picture below)

Immagine 2023-03-23 122239.png 

I can't see this menu "New Group" (see the picture below)

I can see it only if i get data from external file

Immagine 2023-03-23 122457.png

many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@AlessandroBet ,
There is no separate option as such which needs to be checked for creating "New group". On a normal basis, you should be able to easily create a new group on top of existing dataset you pulled.

Can you raise a ticket with MS Support because this seems to be some kind of bug. Also, please update to the latest version of power bi desktop just to ensure version is not hampering this easy task.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AlessandroBet
Resolver I
Resolver I

I'm sure it was a old limitation so i was wondering if it was been implemented. I'm working with last version of PBI

@AlessandroBet ,
It is not a limitation anymore. Hence, I feel like this is a bug and you should raise a ticket.

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

LinkedIn

Sorry but i have never opened a ticket and i think is not a bug

Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @AlessandroBet ,
Are you trying to create this on PBI Services or from PBI desktop?

In desktop, you should be able to view the "New Group" option even after connecting to published PBI Dataset.

LinkedIn

I'm working with PBI desktop and i can't see this option

Immagine 2023-03-23 134344.png

@AlessandroBet ,
There is no separate option as such which needs to be checked for creating "New group". On a normal basis, you should be able to easily create a new group on top of existing dataset you pulled.

Can you raise a ticket with MS Support because this seems to be some kind of bug. Also, please update to the latest version of power bi desktop just to ensure version is not hampering this easy task.

LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.