Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

issue with dim_table relationship with data from Azure Analysis Service database

Hi pbi experts

my orgnisation has 2 data cubes in Azure Analysis Service data base. When I retrieve data from these 2 cubes, and attempt to use the dim_table to filter the data, it only works for 1 cube...

STEP1 establish a relationship between the 2nd cube with the dim date (this works)..   

STEP2 establish a relationship between the 2nd cube with the dim store (did not work).. refer image below

1.png2.png

1 REPLY 1
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

As far as I know, There are a few considerations to keep in mind when using DirectQuery for Power BI datasets and Azure Analysis Services (AAS)

Filters and relationships:

• A filter applied from a data source to a table from another DirectQuery source can only be set on a single column

• Cross-filtering two tables in a DirectQuery source by filtering them with a table outside of the source is not a recommended design, and is not supported.

• A filter can only touch a table once. Applying the same filter to a table twice, through one of more tables outside of the DirectQuery source, is not supported.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-directquery-datasets-azure-analysis-s... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.