Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dsmitha
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

image timeline visual not showing images

Hi,

Request your help and advice regarding Image timeline visual  not displaying images in PBI

screenshot showing details of downloaded visual is attached herewith 

image timeline is showing small circles  ( green color ) where as Table visual displays the images correctly ( plane icons in the screenshot ) 

dsmitha_0-1648497845281.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dsmitha ,

This seems to be a rather old custom visual, the last update was 5 years ago?

It's hard to tell if it still works with the latest version of Power BI Desktop.

Maybe you could look for an alternative visual in the microsoft appsource market.

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/apps?product=power-bi-visuals&search=timeline&page... 

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

hi  v-jayw-msft,

yes it is a very old visual, in fact after posting the issue here  i checked  youtube videos dated 2018 and  saw many of them commenting about  the same issue. i guess after the first release it was never updated. 

Thank you for suggesting alternative timeline visuals 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ToniHeinrichsIB
Frequent Visitor

Hi @dsmitha , did you end up using another visual to represent a timeline with images? I'm now looking for some ideas but can't find a proper solution.

Thanks in advanced!

Hi ToniHeinrichsIB,

Sorry for the delay in reply

regards,

dsmitha

Hi ToniHeinrichsIB,

I couldnt find any visual  similar to Timeline with images however i used chicklet slicer which to some extent served my requirement

I will keep you posted if anything similar to timeline with images visual is found

regards,

dsmitha

@dsmitha Thanks! I'll check it out.

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dsmitha ,

This seems to be a rather old custom visual, the last update was 5 years ago?

It's hard to tell if it still works with the latest version of Power BI Desktop.

Maybe you could look for an alternative visual in the microsoft appsource market.

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/apps?product=power-bi-visuals&search=timeline&page... 

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

hi  v-jayw-msft,

yes it is a very old visual, in fact after posting the issue here  i checked  youtube videos dated 2018 and  saw many of them commenting about  the same issue. i guess after the first release it was never updated. 

Thank you for suggesting alternative timeline visuals 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.