Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

zahirmohideen
Frequent Visitor

identify the originial datasource

Hello All

How do I identify the originial datasource , after it renamed in Power BI Model.
As an example , let us say , I have two views , employee_v and dept_V and then I rename it to
Employee and Departments ; and also also rename few of the columns .

From where , can I get the originial datasource ( both the view and column names) ?

Thanks in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pratyashasamal
Super User
Super User

Hi @zahirmohideen ,
The easier and quicker way I find is to rather use the Data Source settings, which you can find in Power BI Desktop by clicking on the arrow beneath Edit Queries and then selecting Data source Settings .

pratyashasamal_0-1685110967874.png

And for Columns , You can go to Power Query and Check manually in the Advanced Editor. In Adavanced Editor you can also find the source .

pratyashasamal_1-1685111216672.png

Thanks ,
Pratyasha Samal
Has this post solved your problem? Please Accept as Solution so that others can find it quickly and to let the community know your problem has been solved.
If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos C

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
pratyashasamal
Super User
Super User

Hi @zahirmohideen ,
The easier and quicker way I find is to rather use the Data Source settings, which you can find in Power BI Desktop by clicking on the arrow beneath Edit Queries and then selecting Data source Settings .

pratyashasamal_0-1685110967874.png

And for Columns , You can go to Power Query and Check manually in the Advanced Editor. In Adavanced Editor you can also find the source .

pratyashasamal_1-1685111216672.png

Thanks ,
Pratyasha Samal
Has this post solved your problem? Please Accept as Solution so that others can find it quickly and to let the community know your problem has been solved.
If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos C

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.