Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AnandRanga
Helper III
Helper III

how to show dashboard with filtered result or according to particular user ?

I have data in which there is data related to so many users. I want to create a dashboard using that data and I want to embed that in iframe tag in php.

The thing is that there is a web site, in which user will log in so on the home page there should be data related to only that particular user.

The question is that how can I filter the dashboard according to that particular user ?

The data source from where I am getting the data is MySql server.

Suggest any solution or any helpful links.

Thanks for your time.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi there,

Currently you can embed Power BI reports but not dashboards.  You can restrict what different users see using RLS (Row Level Security) which means you can test for the active USERNAME() and decide what they can and cannot see.

I think there are some issues with cross filtering currently when using RLS and Power BI embedded, but I'm sure they'll have it sorted pretty soon.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@AnandRanga

As @Phil_Seamark said, to display the data associated to accessing user, you can use dynamic row level security based on USERNAME(). Please refer to blogs below:

Power BI – Dynamic Row Level Security – Tips to get it working!

Different approach to Dynamic Row Level Security

To achieve RLS via Power BI Embedded, please see: Row level security with Power BI Embedded

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@AnandRanga

As @Phil_Seamark said, to display the data associated to accessing user, you can use dynamic row level security based on USERNAME(). Please refer to blogs below:

Power BI – Dynamic Row Level Security – Tips to get it working!

Different approach to Dynamic Row Level Security

To achieve RLS via Power BI Embedded, please see: Row level security with Power BI Embedded

Regards,

Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi there,

Currently you can embed Power BI reports but not dashboards.  You can restrict what different users see using RLS (Row Level Security) which means you can test for the active USERNAME() and decide what they can and cannot see.

I think there are some issues with cross filtering currently when using RLS and Power BI embedded, but I'm sure they'll have it sorted pretty soon.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.