Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

how to relate an information button to a pdf document

Hello,

I would like to include an information button into my dashboard and when users click on it, I would like to have a pdf file document to pop-up which explain how a field is calculated, for example.

Does someone know how to do that.

Please note that I have already the cheat sheet into pdf format

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

Create a tale with your explanations, it can have a single cell with all the text or several columns with several lines and explanations, or then create a text box and copy your text to there.

Then put that information on your report and then using bookmarks and selection pane create a  bookmark wih the "help" hidden and another with "help" visible then just add buttons to link to those bookmars.

Result is below:

bookmarks.gif

Check the documentation on this link and also the PBIX file attach.

If you need any additional assistance please teel me.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

You cannot open a PDF from a button on PBI, if that PDF is on a web link you can direct that button to the specific URL and open the PDF, however if it's saved on a local drive it's not possible,

One option is to copy that data to a Table on PBI and the create a visual with the information and create a bookmark that opens that visual as a help button similar.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Up to now, our organisation download a report as a pdf file.  Then insert this pdf file into PowerPoint, where we can add information such how the field is calculated, from which database come from the dataset and so on.  Thereafter, this powerpoint file is converted into a pdf file and save on sharepoint.  We then refer to it using a url.

I find your second solution nicer.  Could you please provide me a link or information how to make a visual with the information and how to relate this visual to a bookmark.

Thanks in advance for your help

alepage

Hi @Anonymous ,

Create a tale with your explanations, it can have a single cell with all the text or several columns with several lines and explanations, or then create a text box and copy your text to there.

Then put that information on your report and then using bookmarks and selection pane create a  bookmark wih the "help" hidden and another with "help" visible then just add buttons to link to those bookmars.

Result is below:

bookmarks.gif

Check the documentation on this link and also the PBIX file attach.

If you need any additional assistance please teel me.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.