Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

VinhTon
Helper I
Helper I

how to identify which in multiline line chart?

Since the tooltip is not able to do this according to Power Bi support
I got a close enough work around where I put a stacked bar chart and when I click on a line, it highlights in the bar chart. 

This does not work for lines that have smaller values down the stacked bar chart though

identifyLine.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @VinhTon ,

Tere are so many items on the bar chart that not all of it will load. I have to scroll down for the next section to load and that goes on for awhile

If so,I'd suggest you apply filters to the visualization or use slicers to reduce some data .

Eyelyn9_1-1651566549209.png

For more information, please kindly refer to:

Tour the report Filters pane - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the suggestion but that creates a bigger problem in that the user then does not see all possible variables for their analysis on the line chart. The working solution should just let the user know which line on a multiline chart their mouse is clicking on without having to filter the data before that action

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @VinhTon ,

Please enable Zoom Slider to Stacked bar chart to intuitively zoom into any part of the data we want using this slider: Notice that the x-Axis will automatically scale to our selection:

Recording 2022-05-02 at 15.47.08.gif

Visual zoom slider feature in Power BI - SqlSkull

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This is a cool feature which I enabled anyways but it doesn't solve my situation. Tere are so many items on the bar chart that not all of it will load. I have to scroll down for the next section to load and that goes on for awhile

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.