Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

how to close Powerbi to Teradata connection

Hi team,

I'm connecting to Teradata from powerbi for fetching data. And after import the session doesnt get closed and it shows under my stats in the "Teradata query monitor" as below.

Any idea, how i can close the connection from powerbi after importing the data?

LP28D_0-1626945879901.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

CData Connect Cloud uses a straightforward, point-and-click interface to connect to data sources and generate APIs. Therefore, when the connection is disconnected, an error may be reported due to the inability to connect to the data source, and no further operations can be performed in powerbi.

related blog link:

Import Teradata Data into the Power BI Service for Visualizations (cdata.com)

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

CData Connect Cloud uses a straightforward, point-and-click interface to connect to data sources and generate APIs. Therefore, when the connection is disconnected, an error may be reported due to the inability to connect to the data source, and no further operations can be performed in powerbi.

related blog link:

Import Teradata Data into the Power BI Service for Visualizations (cdata.com)

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for pointing to CData Connect @v-henryk-mstf ! I wanted to chime in and let @Anonymous know that if they are connecting to Teradata from Power BI Desktop, CData has a desktop connector as well.

You can read the full walkthrough here: Author Power BI Reports on Real-Time Teradata Data

Best,

Jerod

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Team,

Kindly respond on the above question please if anybody has any information

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.