Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

db042190
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

how long have paginated reports been tied to pbi

hi, i'm curious now about how long paginated reports (via report builder, rdl extension) have been related to pbi and publishable to the service just like non paginated reports.  i asssume that for the same amount of time, they've been able to stand side by side on ssrs servers for customers who stayed on prem.    

3 REPLIES 3
db042190
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

i think some of my confusion is documented at https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Service/i-dont-see-an-option-to-pin-a-paginated-report-to-... .  I did not know that there is a paginated option in the standard desktop too.  I'm going to pause temporarily here till I get some clarification there.  

db042190
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

i think I can explain the question.  Below is a picture of a paginated report i built using report builder.  I published it to the service.  I dont really understand the concept of paginated reports "supporting power bi data" because as far as i know ssrs and report builder use datasets that really have nothing to do with pbi data sources.   In fact you dont see rb datasets in workspaces like you do datasets created in pbi.   Nonetheless, I'm curious how long one has been able to develop a paginated report under report builder and publish it to the service?

picofpaginated.png

nonpagpublished.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@db042190 , Not very clear. But paginated reports support power bi Data for quite some time now. Also visual of paginated reports there for some time now. (More than 1 year)

The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example.

Appreciate your Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.