Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

how coordinate multiple slicers across all report cards

I am working with a dataset that includes surveys of program participants. Ultimately, the goal is to create a dashboard that allows users to slice information based on:
* Country
* Department
* Year
* Participants' gender
* Participants' age (by category)
* Participants' refugee status

I am proposing to restruture the dataset, but it's not too late to do something different:

* survey_summary and survey_data are in 1:* relationship on 'survey_id'
* survey_summary stores information on country, department, year, total participants, total number of men, total number of women, total number of refugees
* survey_data stores information by survey respondent as to their gender, refugee status, and changes in their income and other metrics before/after participating in the program (side note: the # of respondents is always smaller than the total # of participants, but there is no set % of total participants. It varies.)

I am trying to mock up a report that will allow a user to select any combination of country, department, year, gender, and/or refugee status. There is no hierarchy to this information (a user might be only interested in 2021 data, or only refugees, or female refugees from Narnia in 2020, etc.)

I don't know if this is possible in Power BI, but in my head, I think of this as being like applying multiple filters in Excel; so that once you've selected a specific country, the next choice you make is only looking at that subset of country-specific information, and so on and so on. At the moment, some combinations seem to work, but others do not.

There are additional quirks/nuances to our calculated measures, so I'm including the file and will explain the reasoning behind things if I can.

Thank you for any thoughts you have!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.